NC3108 BI-Directional TETRA Combiner
The BiTEA Bi-Directional combiner for fixed, mobile or portable applications allows connection of up to eight radio transceivers to one aerial.
Quick set up and cost saving for fixed and temporary command & Control communications where multiple transceivers are required.
Instructions for use
- These combiners use balanced hybrid couplers to connect up to eight transceivers to one aerial, it relies on each port being correctly terminated to maintain Tx to Tx isolation, if there are any unused ports these MUST be terminated with a 50Ω RF termination. Available from BiTEA. (Product Code: NC3901)
- These units are not weatherproof and are intended for internal operation.
- These combiners may be used in any orientation.
- They can withstand high temperatures (+60°C) but should be kept as cool as possible.
- These units have a DC Coaxial Inner to Ground resistance of approximately 17 Ω. Ensure there is no DC component on the Transceiver RF outputs. DC will heat the internal loads and possibly detune them.
- As with any installation proper protection against lightning must be taken into account. The case of the units should be bonded to the aerial mounting system or equipment rack either by bolting directly or by Earth bonding pigtail. If mounted in a high exposed position it is recommended that separate gas discharge lightning protectors are used.
- Only one feeder and aerial required
- Quick set up time
- Efficient low cost solution
- Quick set up and cost saving for fixed and temporary Command & Control communications where multiple transceivers are required.
- Up to eight transceivers with only one aerial feeder, one mast and one aerial.
Frequency Band 380 – 400 MHz
Impedance 50 Ohm
Input Power Max 5 watts per channel
TX-TX isolation 30dB minimum. Typically 40dB
Insertion Loss 9.4dB
Return Loss 28dB
Connectors Input N type Aerial N type
Dimensions 350mm x 133mm x 31mm